How do I use this site?
- Discover what statistics are available and what data are collected by visiting the Data section.
- Sign in by clicking Make an Access Request. If you are opening an account for the first time, you will receive a notification email informing you when you can access the cost calculator.
- Create a project, select the variables and evaluate the access costs.
- Submit your request to obtain an official cost estimate and information on the availability of data and biospecimens.
- We will modify your request according to your needs and produce an official statement to include with your grant request.
- Track the status of your request until it is fulfilled.
Who can access the Signature Bank’s data?
Any researcher may access data and biospecimens. Please note that if you are not a member of the CRIUSMM, we encourage you to collaborate with a CRIUSMM researcher.
Can I obtain preliminary statistical information?
Yes. To obtain this information, you need to submit a request. A statistician will assess your request and provide you with:
- General descriptive statistics on the data and samples already in the bank.
- Information on the availability of data, based on your criteria.
- Supplemental statistical analyses (to be determined together) to assist you with your grant request.
To obtain this information, you need to submit an access request and indicate the type of information that will be useful to you in the form.
Can I obtain data without scientific and ethical approval?
No. It is necessary to obtain these approvals to receive data files and biospecimens. When you make a Signature Bank access request, the designated data and biospecimens will be reserved for you until you obtain ethical and scientific approval as well as provide proof of funding.
What are the access costs?
When you open an account, you will receive an email notification providing you with access to the calculator. You can then calculate the access costs yourself. Fees are subject to change without notice. You must submit a request in order to obtain an official estimate.
Can I make multiple access requests at the same time?
Yes. You can make as many access requests as you wish.
What can I do on the website?
The website enables you to:
• Access the list of data and biospecimens in the Signature Bank.
• Create and save an access project by selecting the data that interest you.
• Calculate the access cost of your project online (please allow two business days after opening your account to access this tool).
• Submit an access request in order to receive a provisional estimate based on the availability of data.
• Modify your request (number of subjects, number of variables, suggested variables, etc.).
• Track the status of your request online until you receive the data.