General Signature Biobank Data and Biospecimen Access Procedure
A PDF document to guide you in the procedure is available for download.
- STEP 1: Present an access request to the biobank coordinator.
- STEP 2: The database coordinator assesses the request and issues a response to the researcher who submitted it with an access cost estimate. This assessment involves verifying the availability of the data and possible duplication of another request.
- STEP 3: Submit the research project to the Scientific Evaluation Committee (SEC) and Research Ethics Committee (REC). Upon receiving approval from the two (2) committees, the researcher may access raw data from the medical and psychosocial database and human biological materials.
- Consultation with the SEC is required in the event of a 70% overlap between two requests.
- Researchers must prove that they have the funds to cover the access costs.
- Researchers must consent to the management framework regulations.
- Research shall agree to return data generated from the biospecimens of the Biobank.
- Researchers shall ackownedge the Signature Biobank in any publication related to the use of data and/or biomaterial from the Biobank.
Please see the management framework for more details.